Kungsleden's first new construction has begun – groundbreaking in Hyllie in Malmö today
Today, a ‘groundbreaking ceremony’ was held to mark the start of the construction of Eden, Kungsleden's new office building with a leasable area of approx. 8,000 square metres in Hyllie, Malmö. The total investment amounts to SEK 350 million and more than 50 per cent of the office space is already leased out, to Quick office among others.
Attendees at the ceremony included (from left to right in the photo) Thomas Ellkvist, CEO at MVB Syd, Biljana Pehrsson, CEO of Kungsleden, Niklas Lénart, CEO of Quick Office and Britt-Marie Fagerström, Project Manager at the City of Malmö.
“It feels great to be able to begin the construction of Eden. It is not only our first new construction of modern offices, it is also the first time we are applying our own concept Symbiotic Building, which is all about creating inspiring spaces with human health and well-being in absolute focus,” says Biljana Pehrsson, CEO of Kungsleden.”Eden fits in well with our vision for Hyllie, and helps realise the development of a mixed district with a strong sustainability profile,” says Britt-Marie Fagerström, Project Manager and Development Engineer at the City of Malmö Real Estate Office.
Tenants are expected to start moving into Eden in the second quarter of 2021. The building will also be certified according to Leed (at least gold level) and The Well Building Standard.
Some 40 people attended the ceremony, among them representatives from the tenants, contractors, clients and the City of Malmö.
- Developer: Kungsleden AB
- Contractor: MVB SYD
- Form of contract: fully contracted in collaboration
- Leasable area: 7,900 sq.m.
- Gross area: 11,400 sq.m.
- Construction start: November 2019
- First occupation: first quarter, 2021
- Largest tenant: Quick Office
- Web site: www.edenihyllie.se
About Symbiotic Building
Kungsleden's Symbiotic Building concept can be implemented in both new builds and existing buildings and involves meeting criteria in four areas:
- Health – the building should be good for human well-being and promote creativity, efficiency and performance.
- Service – the building should have a community feel and offer a level of service that makes life easy, such as package deliveries, catering, meeting rooms, etc.
- Intelligent and smart technology – the building will offer innovative solutions such as digital solutions for internal communications, sensors showing vacant spaces, temperature indicators, plants that purify the air, technologies that encourage physical exercise, spaces to test new technologies, etc.
- Close to nature – nature should be close by even indoor spaces, and particularly in common zones. Even sound, light, scents and materials will imitate nature.
Photographer, image from groundbreaking ceremony: Urszula Striner
For more information, please contact:
Biljana Pehrsson, CEO Kungsleden | +46 8 503 052 04 | email@example.com
Ulrica Sjöswärd, Regional Manager Gothenburg/Malmö Kungsleden | +46 31-755 56 31 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Detta pressmeddelande finns tillgängligt på svenska på www.kungsleden.se/pressmeddelanden
The information was provided for public release on November 12, 2019 at 2.30 p.m. CET
Kungsleden is a long-term property owner that creates value through active management, development and strategic acquisitions and optimisation of its property portfolio. Our vision is to create attractive and sustainable places that inspire people. Almost 90 per cent of our properties are concentrated in four selected growth markets – Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmö and Västerås. The majority are offices, gathered in attractive clusters. Kungsleden has been awarded the Green Star by GRESB and is ranked as the fifth best real estate company in Europe in terms of sustainability. Kungsleden’s long-term goal is to become Sweden’s most profitable and successful real estate company, by having the market’s most satisfied customers and dedicated employees. Kungsleden (KLED) is listed on the Nasdaq Stockholm Large Cap. Read more at www.kungsleden.se.