An Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) today approved a transfer of SEK 1,569,773,736 to shareholders through an automatic redemption process consistent with the Board of Directors’ proposal.
This resolution implies each share being divided into two (2:1 share split) with a quotient value of about SEK 0.21 per share after the share split is completed, of which one share will be redeemed for SEK 11.50. A total of SEK 1,569,773,736 will be transferred to shareholders. Additionally, the resolution implies a bonus issue being conducted by transferring SEK 28,437,930 from non-restricted equity to share capital to complete the transfer in a straightforward, time-efficient manner.
Moreover, the EGM resolved on reducing the company’s statutory reserves by SEK 2,063,629,662 for allocation to non-restricted reserves. After this reduction is complete, the statutory reserve will be completely dissolved. This resolution is conditional on the relevant permission forthcoming from the Swedish Companies Registration Office, or in case of dispute, court findings.
Shareholders wishing to receive more information on the redemption process are welcome to telephone +46 (0)8 700 0010.
- Each Kungsleden share will be divided into two (share split), of which one will be termed a redemption share in the Swedish Central Securities Depository & Clearing Organisation (VPC) system.
- The redemption share will then be redeemed automatically against a cash redemption payment of SEK 11.50.
- The redemption process is automatic; no action is required by shareholders.
- The record day for the share split and right to redemption shares is scheduled for 28 November 2007, provided that the Swedish Companies Registration Office has registered the EGM resolution on the share split prior to this.
- The final day of trading in Kungsleden shares cum rights to redemption shares will be 23 November 2007.
- Trading in redemption shares will be conducted between 29 November and 12 December 2007.
- The earliest payment date for the redemption is scheduled for 20 December 2007.
Information brochure and other documentation
An information brochure reviewing the proposal from the redemption resolved today has been distributed to all shareholders registered in their own name with a known address who are included in VPC’s share register on 1 November 2007 and to all nominee-registered shareholders with a known address who are registered with the relevant nominee on 29 October 2007, subject to the limitations ensuing from the information brochure.
The EGM’s complete resolution is available at the company’s offices at the following address: Kungsleden AB, Medborgarplatsen 25, Stockholm, Sweden, and on the group Website: www.kungsleden.se and will be mailed to shareholders that so request and provide a postal address.
Detta pressmeddelande finns tillgängligt på svenska på www.kungsleden.se